Fuel System Testing
KGW Precision is one of only a few companies in the UK to specialise in the design and manufacture of hydro-mechanical rigs to test fuel flow systems for civil and military aircraft engines.
These test rigs act as flight simulators for engine components, testing them under real-life and extreme conditions involving pressure, air, oil and fuel. Our expert engineers are able to flow kerosene through the fuel system components at a range of pressures, temperatures and fuel flow rates to accurately replicate the extreme variations that an engine will experience during a flight cycle.
Examples of Test Rig projects include:
- Fully Automated Large Fuel Pump Testing on Adour
- Fully Automated Fuel Control Unit Testing on Adour
- Fully Automated HMU Testing on Trent XWB
- Fully Automated Multi-Actuator Testing
- Fully Automated Solenoid Valve testing
- Manual Accessory Testing on Viper
Our in-house design and manufacturing expertise enables KGW to offer specialist solutions to cater for a variety of test fixture requirements.
We design and manufacture bespoke equipment for special purpose machines such as holding fixtures for a range of test applications including Load, Pressure, Fire and Vibration.